According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s most recent calculations, senior citizens comprise at least 13% of the nation’s population. Experts predict an increase to more than 20% of the population over the next few decades.
Growing old can become very difficult when a person has had surgery or has had a stroke or suffers from some other debilitating disease. Sometimes the elderly are placed in an assisted care facility so they can get help when they need to get up, to bath or to use the toilet. Yet leaving the family can be emotionally painful.
Many senior citizens are choosing to spend their golden years aging in place. If you’re among them—or soon expect to be—a Spaloo bidet toilet seat is a great investment in quality of life. A bidet seat is installed on the toilet and sprays water over the perineal area after a bowel movement. Then it blows air to dry the area. The bidet can be used to clean up after urination for women. Essentially, the bidet seat takes the place of toilet paper.
Needing the help of a nurse or a family member just to use the toilet may have deep emotional impact as it infringes on the most private part of life. The Spaloo bidet seat can make a huge difference for an aging person. A Spaloo bidet seat is a great advantage for the elderly because:
- It is affordable to purchase and easy to install.
- It is easier to use because the elderly person does not use the hands to clean the bum. So even if the elderly person suffers from limited mobility due to Parkinson’s disease, stroke, surgery or ALS, they can easily use the toilet and come out clean. All they do is press buttons and they come out clean!
- Using it is cheaper than hiring a professional to assist the elderly person.
- It relieves the discomfort of haemorrhoids and constipation.
- It helps the elderly person to maintain independence and pride.
- It eliminates the spread of bacteria so the elderly person suffers less from urinary tract infections.
- It reduces the cost of toilet paper, quite a huge saving for the elderly who may have limited pension money.
The Spaloo bidet seat means the difference between independence and dependence upon help. It is easy to use, hygienic, gentle on the skin, and saves money. Here is what Dr. Mary Tinetti, chief of geriatrics at Yale Medical School said. “As people get older and frailer, it’s harder for them to do good personal hygiene, particularly if they have arthritis. They can’t maneuver around to wipe or wash themselves effectively. In their attempts, they can even fall from the toilet.”
The Spaloo bidet seat makes going to the toilet safer and cleaner for the elderly. The warm water and soothing air of the easy to install, high-tech Spaloo virtually guarantees pain-free toileting while eliminating the spread of germs and bacteria. It will leave you feeling fresher and cleaner than ever.
One of the greatest benefits of the Spaloo bidet seat is that the elderly person uses the toilet and then the bidet without getting up. This is a very important feature for those who cannot get up on their own. Transferring to the toilet may be difficult. But once the individual is seated, the Spaloo bidet toilet seat ensures that he or she won’t need to get up again until the entire washing and drying process is complete.