Over 6 million women in the USA visit their physician each year due to a urinary tract infection (UTI). The majority of these UTI’s are bladder infections or Cystitis. The actions that women can take for urinary tract infection prevention can be broken down into 5 distinct categories:
Hygiene and UTI’s
After a bowel movement carefully clean the area around the rectum and always wipe from front to back. Never use
the same tissue to wipe twice, as this will transfer germs closer to the bladder opening. A better option is to install a Spaloo Bidet for optimum hygiene.
When taking a shower, practice the same front to back action and rinse well.
Empty your bladder at a minimum every 3 or 4 hours throughout the day. This will flush away bacteria.
Diet and UTI’s
Increase the amount of water you drink each day, especially if your urine is dark. You need to consume enough liquid each day to ensure that your urine is pale yellow in color.
Activities and UTI’s
If you have an active lifestyle, be sure to drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after exercise. The same applies when participating in sports such as tennis or volleyball. If you feel the urge to urinate take a break to empty your bladder.
Medications and UTI’s
At the direction of you physician, you may need to use an estrogen vaginal cream. When needed, the cream can keep the tissue adjacent to the bladder healthier and less susceptible to infection.
Clothing and UTIs
Refrain from wearing tight-fitting underwear, especially if the material is non-breathable. The accumulation of moisture near the bladder opening fosters the growth of bacteria. Wear cotton underwear every day.
Useful Tips for Urinary Tract Infection Prevention
- Drink Fluids: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid dehydration. This will also help to flush bacteria from the urinary tract.
- Don’t Hold It In: Whenever you feel the urge to urinate, visit the restroom immediately. Don’t try to hold it.
- Empty Your Bladder After Sex: Visit the restroom to empty your bladder after engaging in sexual intercourse. Do so soon after intercourse to flush away bacteria.
- Wipe Properly: Always wipe from front to back after using the toilet to avoid transferring bacteria in the direction of the urinary tract.
- Use a Bidet: For the most effective cleaning install and use a Spaloo Bidet. The most hygienic way to clean after using the toilet.
Learn more about the Spaloo Bidet now!!!